Changing lives and improving local communities
Century Credit Union is all about people helping people. It’s why we exist and what we do.
We fulfill our mission a number of ways – from improving the financial well-being of members through money-saving products, to awarding high school and college scholarships to students, to helping members in times of great need through our one-of-a-kind Family Fund.
Externally, we support a multitude of causes and organizations in the local community – and beyond – with monetary donations and volunteer work
While we are not a charity ourselves, we support and admire the work that nonprofits do. Among the local organizations we have helped during the past few years are:
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis, which seeks out and takes in animals that no other organization will help or would simply euthanize because they are too expensiv to heal
- The Bennett Project, which provides support for children with cancer and their families during and following treatment
- Alzheimer’s Association, which provides care and support for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and accelerates global research for treatment methods, prevention and a cure
- KidSmart, which collects and distributes school supplies to local children need
- United Way, which helps boost education, economic mobility and health resources in the local community
- St. Jude’s Research Hospital, which provides lifesaving care, treatment and more for children and their families at no cost
- First Things First, the family foundation of Kurt & Brenda Warner that is dedicated to impacting lives by promoting Christian values, sharing experiences and providing opportunities
- Make-a-Wish Foundation, which helps make wishes come true for children battling critical illnesses. impacting everyone involved, including parents and medical professionals
- St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired, which serves more than 1,100 individuals with comprehensive low vision medical and rehabilitation services
- Midwestern Braille Volunteers, which assists the blind by transcribing materials into Braille, specializing in textbooks for elementary and secondary school children
- The Backstoppers, which provides ongoing needed financial assistance and support to the spouses and dependent children of all police officers, firefighter, etc., who have lost lives in the line of duty
- The Salvation Army, which meets human need wherever, whenever, and however they can
- Arnold Food Pantry, which provides life-sustaining food to those in need
- Feed My People, which provides long-term and emergency food care to people in need
- RukaNade, which helps those less fortunate in the greater St. Louis area as well as in Bosnia and Herzegovina
In addition, we support the missions of various local churches (special efforts such as aiding flood victims) and sponsor local fundraisers held by various schools, groups, etc., as much as possible.
Our support isn’t limited to just St. Louis, either.
- Robb School Memorial Fund, which supported the victims’ families, teachers and the community after 19 children and two teachers lost their lives in a horrific school shooting in Uvalde, Texas
- Turkish Cooperative Earthquake Fund through the Worldwide Federation for Credit Unions
- Selfreliance Foundation/Ukraine Relief Fund