A program for young adults ready to take responsibility for their financial future
If you're between the ages of 13-18, our special account will give you a jump start on your financial future by giving you the tools you need to succeed. Things like:
- A boosted rate on a savings account1 — higher than what our regular savings accounts earn
- A boosted rate — 10.00% APY on a short-term (6-month) CD that featues a lower minimum balance requirement ($100) than adult CDs ($1,000). The maximum amount that can be deposited intoTeen CD is $1,000.
- A contactless Visa debit card with digital wallet availability. When using the card to make in-person or online purchases, you'll earn rewards points. If using your card to make withdrawals or deposits at ATMs, you can enjoy free access to more than 250 ATMs locally and 30,000 nationwide! This includes in selected stores like 7-Eleven, Circle K, Costco, Dunkin Donuts, etc.
- A free checking account
- Free paper statements (or eStatements, if you prefer)
- A low-rate Visa credit card with no annual fee and a low credit limit to help you establish credit2
A minimum deposit of $25 is needed to open a Boost account. By learning how to use your own money to make real-life decisions, you'll learn great saving and spending habits.
We'll be with with you every step of the way
You'll learn how to do things that are important, like:
- Using online banking and our mobile app to stay on top of your money
- Depositing checks electronically with your celltphone camera
- Balancing a checkbook
- Budgeting and planning ahead
- Shopping for the best values
- Developing smart credit habits and payment skills
- Applying for an auto loan
Having a Boost account is one of the first steps toward making the most of your money.
Opportunity to earn a scholarship
You could earn a $1,000 or $500 scholarship from us based on a short written essay, your scholastic record, extracurricular activities and volunteer work.. It's our way of demonstrating our commitment to suppporting the educational aspirations of our young members. We annually award up to four scholarships and a total of $3,000.
- Louis Kovarik scholarship (ages 13-15) — First-place winner receives $1,000; runner-up receives $500.3
- William Pauly scholarship (for members ages 16-18) — First-place winner receives $1,000; runner-up, $500.3
No other local financial institution offers scholarships to younger-age teens; most offer college scholarships to graduating high school seniors only.
The 2024 competition is underway. To enter, please complete and return the full application package with your essay. All entries must be received by the March 23 deadline. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or by phone: 314.544.1818Download the Application Form
1Parent needs to be listed on your account with you through age 17. At age 18, you can open an account of your own or request the parent be removed as the joint owner on an existing Boost account. 2Starting at age 16, with a job and parent or guardian as guarantor. $250 credit limit. At age 18, with proof of income, you can receive a $500 credit limit. 3Extra scholarship awarded if 20 or more entries received in the age category.