Flexible, affordable financing
Buying a home is probably the biggest and most important investment you'll ever make. It can also be stressful. We're committed to helping you save money and making everything go as smooth and easy as possible for you during the loan process..
Here are some big reasons to turn to Century for your financing:
- Put as little as 5% down (by contrast, other lenders often require 20% of the home's cost)
- Pay no Private Mortgage Insurance (other lenders typically require this if the down payment is less than 20%, with the cost for PMI ranging from 0.5% to 2% of the total loan amount per year)
- Choose between a 10-, 15-, 20- or 30-year fixed term
- Get a low interest rate
- Pay no points
- Pay low closing costs (this includes just $500 for the loan origination fee, while most other lenders charge 0.5% to 1% of the loan amount)
- Receive expert guidance every step of the way, from the application process to closing (personalized service is provided by our mortgage loan specialists who work closely with you to select the rate, down payment and term that meets your financial goals)
One of the biggest mortgage mistakes you can make is to not get preapproved. While it's not required, it's highly recommended.
A preapproval application can be done with us over the phone while you shop for your perfect home. We can provide you with a letter for the realtor to use while you're looking. This is typically a first step in the homebuying process. It gives you and your real-estate agent a good idea of how much house you can afford and the type of mortgage loan you'll likely qualify for, while also letting sellers know you're a serious buyer.
Conventional mortgage loans that we offer are ideal for those who want to buy a new home and are able to meet the income and credit requirements.
At Century, all decisions are made locally and generally based on the borrower's monthly income, length of time on the job or in the same field of work, credit score and debt-to-income ratio. The interest rate is determined by your credit score and down payment percentage, and it is locked once you've completed a mortgage packet and submitted a copy of the contract to us.
All loans kept at Century
All mortgage loans that Century originates are kept on the credit union's books and serviced in-house rather than being sold to secondary market lenders. We feel it's part of our service to our communities to hold onto our members' home mortgages. When a lender "sells" your mortgage, it usually means that the servicing of it has transferred to a new company, which means you'll be sending your monthly payments to that new company.
Century finances owner-occupied, primary-residence homes and condos in Missouri and Illinois. Tax and insurance escrows are optional. Total closing costs with the credit union are approximately $1,100; the title company charges separate fees of approximately $1,200. Century doesn't finance mobile homes or land and doesn't make FHA, VA or USDA loans. You can pay off your loan balance early at the credit union with no penalties.
If you currently have a mortgage through another lender, look into refinancing it with Century. We may be able to save you money.
For current rates and more information, call (314) 544-1818.
Century Credit Union's NMLS# is #445370. Below is a current list of our loan originators who are registered with the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).- Nancy Perkins NMLS #2128314
- Joshua Wallace NMLS #1144315
- Pamela Moser NMLS #2419142
- Samira Havic NMLS #2128323